Re: Fuel pump follies

Subject: Re: Fuel pump follies
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 13:02:57 -0700
Cc: "TRIUMPH TR6 (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Ed Quinn wrote:

> My Questions:
> 1)  Is the Santa Monica meet this weekend

Wings & Wheels was last weekend.  This weekend is San Diego.

> 2) Can I get rid of the mechanical fuel pump - replace with electric - is
> this advisable?

Works fine.

> 3) Can I hook into the fuse box if 2 is recommended?

Yes, to the switched fuse preferably <g>

> 4) Can I get the parts from Autozone etc...stock items?

Be sure to get the "low pressure" pump, or else an adjustable pressure
regulator to go after the pump.  Should be readily available, although
I've not had good luck with the AutoZone near me.  The one I went to in
Denver was far better stocked tho, so it probably varies from store to
store.

Randall