Re: TR4 - Squealing Brakes - Followup and Fix

To: djsforza@snet.net, sanborn@net1plus.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 - Squealing Brakes - Followup and Fix
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2001 11:49:20 +1000 FILETIME=[1DE20B30:01C14E09]
Don Sforza wrote:

>For a while TRF was handling REPCO pads (also from Australia). These are
>also semi-metallic and there's less brake dust, squealing, etc

FWIW there is a new Australian operation that manufactures and sells kevlar
brake pads. They claim to give 40% better braking, eliminate dust problems
and worn discs (hence would probably eliminate squealing).

They are very expensive, but a few guys racing Sprints have tried them. Not
sure if anyone has tried them on a TR4. Impactical IMHO for road use as they
require that the rotor discs be skimmed before fitting and the sales rep
said that they would need to be 'bedded-in' over 50-100 miles of careful
driving.

Out of interest, do any of the US parts houses stock a line of kevlar brake
pads? If they do maybe some listers have used them??

I have repco pads on my TR4, no squealing. There is a Repco outlet down the
street from me ;-)

Cheers,
Michael
63' TR4