Re: TR4 project has finally started!

To: PeterSchop@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 project has finally started!
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 18:47:22 +1000 FILETIME=[D8BFEE90:01C14FD5]
Peter wrote:

I had a terrible time removing the fasteners. I had to fight with everyone
but they all came off. That is until I got to the baffle plate. There are
five bolts holding it on. I ended up snapping the heads off every one. I
tried removing the studs with a screw extractor. I quit after two bolts. I
will do the rest later when I want to punish myself.

Peter,

You may want to try soaking the bolts that won't come off in WD-40 or
similar before attempting removal. A friend of mine had rusty bolts holding
his rear bumper on. He was determined not to brake any on removal of the
bumper so he sprayed them with WD-40 every day for a week. After all that he
removed them all with no broken bolts.

Not sure that he needed the full week's soaking, but he wanted to be safe
;-)

Best of luck with your restoration project.

Cheers,
Michael
63' TR4 CT23641 O
Sydney, Australia