Update - TR4 dwell setting and timing question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Update - TR4 dwell setting and timing question
From: "Dylan Pedersen" <pdylan@uswest.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 18:45:48 -0600
Hi All -
Thanks again for all the great advice.

I:
Replaced points, plugs, plug wires & set the ignition timing & vacuum
advance.
Rebuilt and Tuned the Carbs using a sync tool for air and a colortune for
mixture.
I drove it 20 miles on the freeway to warm her up good and hot

My TR4 now drives well, never missing a beat.

I passed the HC, and missed the CO% by 2%. I futzed with the richness, but
couldn't get it closer.  Even with the re-breather off, we couldn't get
close enough.

I've spent enough money to get me exempt for this year, now armed with Bill
Piggott's book (CT27842E on the engine, CT27676 body, vin contains CT27576),
I'm going to try and get the title changed to a '63 for next year!

The worst thing that has happened is I now intimately know the engine, and
she runs great!
Dylan