Mot-A-Vac & power brake alternatives (TR4A)

To: "'Triumphs listers'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mot-A-Vac & power brake alternatives (TR4A)
From: Tom White <tom.white@sgsi.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 16:42:52 -0700 4.0.996.62
Howdy listers,

I recently bought a 65 TR4A, and want to improve the brakes a bit.  One
of my shop books mentions the "Mot-A-Vac" unit, an optional power brake
/ brake booster unit.  Does anyone know where I can find one?  I've seen
a similar Lockheed part in the VB catalog.  Does anyone have any
experience with either of these units, or any alternative power brake
setups?  I'm not a stickler for authenticity (yet).  I'm also young
enough that I've always been spoiled by having power brakes, call me a
whimp..  BTW, It seems strange that the master cylinder isn't split into
two hydraulically separate systems for safety, and I'm even more
concerned since the damned thing apparently leaked fluid everywhere at
one time and turned the nearby paint into gum.. I want to overhaul the
whole system first thing.

Thanks,
- Tom