FW: Mot-A-Vac & power brake alternatives (TR4A)

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Mot-A-Vac & power brake alternatives (TR4A)
From: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 20:36:43 -0400
From: Paul J. Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 20:27:17 -0400
To: Tom White <tom.white@sgsi.com>
Subject: Re: Mot-A-Vac & power brake alternatives (TR4A)

Tom:

click here:

http://www.godmanhiperformance.com/home.htm

Then follow the brake parts link to power brake boosters.
I used the small diameter booster unit to replace the Girling unit in my
Tiger. The Midland unit is cast iron-won't corrode as fast a aluminum. It
has a bleeder screw on it, which is  lacking on the girling unit. They're
also USA made with a warranty and cost about 1/2 of the Girling unit.
 Sunbeam Alpines used a remote booster, so track down a shot of the engine
compartment and you should be able to rig something similar to your 4cyl
Tr4.

NFI etc in Godman, but they were knowledgeable and very helpful people to
deal with.

Paul