Re: Car Buying Ettiquette

To: <corey.sherman@RCN.COM>
Subject: Re: Car Buying Ettiquette
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 22:21:53 -0400
Cc: "6-Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> So... were you still willing to show/sell him the car?
> and did he buy the car?

As a general reply, yes the person will be stopping by tomorrow afternoon
again (I hope) and he now knows to contact me.

I know I published my telephone numbers and my email is archived, and I know
that anyone can use numerous internet telephone directories and map services
to find a way to my house.  But the TR6 is in the rear of my home, and
covered and generally out of sight.  It wasn't a matter of looking at the
TR6 parked on the street or in my driveway, it was a matter of gaining
access to my property to get to the TR6.

I'm one of those people that isn't trusting of people as a general rule, it
takes a great deal before I'm trustworthy of someone.

And Fred, this is a covered car in the rear of my home... not a car
dealership with set hours, security and other measures in place to prevent
theft and vandalism.  Which is the biggest reason I like to be home, or like
to know when someone is coming to look at something I own.  I'm certain not
many of you would have an open house with all your possessions still in your
house, and make your children or grandchildren in charge of handling all the
matters while you're off at work for the day. Just like most car dealerships
don't like you wandering around their lot at 2AM... even if you are just
really looking at the cars.

For all I know, this person could have been parts shopping for his TR6
knowing that the car was currently unattended by the owner (me!).

Kai