Re: Car Buying Ettiquette

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car Buying Ettiquette
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 07:40:31 +0100
In article <01cd01c152b2$67065890$0100a8c0@lucifer>, Kai M. Radicke
<kmr@pil.net> writes

>You should NEVER EVER attempt to purchase a car or look at a car with out
>direct contact with the person who owns the bloody car!

I viewed, test-drove and bought my Spitfire whilst the owner was away at
a Rugby match.   This was on the day that his car advertisement appeared
in "Auto-Trader".   His wife looked after me while I checked the car
out, and accepted my cheque.

The moral of the story?   Well, there isn't one really, but perhaps "the
owner may well have anticipated not being at home and empowered a
relative to sell his car for him" comes close.

I appreciate that you feel that you have been treated shabbily, but when
the buying lust is on, all of us are the same - we want to see the car
as soon as possible, and we want to buy it before someone else can turn
up and snatch it out from under our noses.

ATB
--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"