tr gas tanks

To: dconnitt@fuse.net
Subject: tr gas tanks
From: "Don Spence" <dspence@oanet.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 20:57:21 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Dave
According to the Mitchell interchange manual the tr250 and tr6  before
55030CC tanks are interchangeable.  The later 4 and 4A are listed as a
different unit. Structurally I believe they are the same not sure though. I
think the differences crop up with the advent of emission controls and
vapour capture etc. The addition of little pipes for hose connections would
be the primary difference.  The 4A tank has only the inlet, fuel line out
and a drain plug whereas the TR6 (at least in 72) had additional plumbing
attachments at the top. If you need more info I'll measure the distance
between mounting bolts tomorrow. I have both a 4A and a 72 6.
Cheers
Don