Suggestions on removing front end bushings

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Suggestions on removing front end bushings
From: "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 22:28:47 -0400
List,

I am replacing the front suspension bushings on a TR4A. I am having
difficulty removing the bushings from the lower wishbone on the end opposite
the trunion. There is a steel sleeve in the center and the bushing has
"flanges" that go up the sides. I tried cutting the flange off both ends and
press the bushing out using two sockets in a vise but it won't budge. I
don't have the new bushings yet so I can't really tell how they go in or
come out.
Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

Dave Connitt
Cincinnati, OH
'65 TR4A