Re: Re BMW Sells British Motor Heritage Ltd.

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re BMW Sells British Motor Heritage Ltd.
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 01:02:52 +0200
Cc: kmr@pil.net
Kai,
You wrote:
> Excellent News!

Maybe not so Excellent in the eyes of some of us.

> Those who don't know, David Bishop was basically the man responsible
> for BMH's bodyshell program, and was the one who tracked down pretty
> much every piece of MGB body tooling there was to produce the first
> shells under BMH.

It's also worth mentioning here that, according to some sources, Mr
David Bishop was the man responsible at British Leyland [=some years
prior to his BMH ventures] for selling off the Wedge [TR7 and TR8]
body tooling for scrap to a steel mill...

> Now of course, the first reproduced MGB body shells weren't of very
> good quality... but that is another story.  He was also the one who
> headed up the MG RV8 Program, prior to Rover deeming it out of the
> realm of BMH's operations and Rover taking it over.
>
> I'm glad to see BMH back in the hands of enterprising enthusiasts
> such as David Bishop.  Hopefully this will mean that an even greater
> variety of parts will be reintroduced for our cars.
> Kai
>
> > Legacy is a private Consortium consisting of three people, David
> > Bishop,

Most of us have some not-so-pleasent things hidden in our history,
let's hope this guy have found a way to compensate for and live with
his... I myself still have bad feelings for a thing I once did - and
that was also some 15-20 years ago...
Best regards
/Odd

--
Odd Hedberg
Pomonagatan 4           International liaison secretary,