Triumph trailer hitches

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumph trailer hitches
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 06:58:35 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
This is primarily for those on the other side of the pond, but anybody who
has info on these would be appreciated -
Whilst I was having a marvelous time at Triumphest I again saw the
wonderful teardrop trailer towed by that gorgeous TR4 that was also at
British car day in San Diego and thought, wouldn't it be neat to tow
something like that with my Spitfire.  Now I have plenty of power so that
isn't a concern.  After talking to a couple of people (from England) and
mentioning that I had seen pictures of Spitfires towing small trailers and
mentioning my difficulty in finding a suitable trailer hitch for my car (72
Spitfire) They suggested that I throw it out to the list for some
suggestions as to manufacturers that I may be able to contact - so here it
is -
Does any body have any info on such a beast?  I would prefer a hitch which
is almost entirely hidden if possible but I'll check out all possible
avenues -