RE: TR3a status and questions

To: "David Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3a status and questions
From: "Dave Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 22:30:40 -0700 o m>
> 3/ front inner fender mount, right up by the front most part for
> the framen
> just behind the front skirt.  How much distance should be between
> the fender
> and the frame.

Dave -- I had one heckuva time in this area. My first attempt ended up with
the R front fender curving around less than an inch away from the way too
expensively painted body. I spent some time with the dremel elongating the
mounting holes on various brackets and it helped somewhat, but still left
the fender way too close to the body if it was ever going to survive a bump.
I have a buddy who is an LBC mechanic who stopped by just to say hello, and
in the process suggested that I turn the bumper upside down. Sometimes I'm
amazed at the simplicity of the ultimate solution ;-)

Dave Moag
62 TR3B (I swear I'll finish it!!!!)
77 Spitfire (killed by my son, but will rise again someday)
La Canada, CA