RE: TR3a status and questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR3a status and questions
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 19:38:23 -0700 o m>
> 1/ the rear bumper mount point, the tube goes into the body and that is
> where the bracket bolt goes, what is the mount on the inside of the body?
> It almost looks like it should go through the frame mount but
> this does not
> seem right.

I believe it does bolt directly to the frame, and the end of the tube also
bears against the frame.

> 2/ there are 2 fender stays that hold the bottom rear fender to the frame
> (right?).  Does anyone have dimensions? Pics? so these can be fabricated.

Moss P/N 802-400 $4.95/each in last year's catalog.  TRF P/N 601937

> 3/ front inner fender mount, right up by the front most part for
> the framen
> just behind the front skirt.  How much distance should be between
> the fender
> and the frame.

If I understand the question correctly, nominal is one thick rubber packing
piece (P/N 608836), but pieces were added or deleted by the factory to make
things fit.  There should be another thick packing between the flat washer
and the fender.

Randall