RE: fuel line conector

Subject: RE: fuel line conector
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 13:56:25 -0800
First of all, even though you don't see a spark, it's quite possible to get
a brass chip hot enough to ignite gasoline fumes, plus a Dremel tool has
brushes that spark ... bottom line is to always use extreme caution when
working with any container that once held flammable liquids.

Second, I guess I should've asked _what_ gas tank we were talking about.  I
assumed the fitting in question was a reverse compression fitting (as used
on TR2-6), and hence the nut was inside the fitting, safe from a Dremel.  If
it's an outside nut, then I agree with Paul.  Cut most of the way through
the nut with a Dremel or whatever, being careful not to cut into the fitting
threads, then pry the two halves apart.

Randall