question!!!

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: question!!!
From: "Dave W" <dw_triumph@clear.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 16:43:35 +1300
First of all, thanks for all the posts on cleaning the petrol tank out, I'll
check the POR15 stuff out.

This is a question for PI owners more than carbs. I was getting ready to put
the metering unit back in and noticed that the drive shaft (for it - the
metering unit - and the oil pump that runs off the camshaft) has some
'rotating' play between the cam gear and the centre shaft, is this OK?? I
thought it could be for backlash but I hauled out a spare and there's no
movement in it. There's a pin going through the gear to hold it on, that
might have broken in the middle. It will spin both ways around 5mm.
Any ideas????

Regards
DaveW

'68 Mk1 PI Saloon.