Re: TR4 Ignition Problem - Help!

To: "Paul Willoughby's Home" <paulwillou@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: TR4 Ignition Problem - Help!
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 20:48:01 -0500
Cc: "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Paul:

this might be relevant.
I had a similar problem with my Sunbeam Alpine. The inside of the cap
kept getting fouled with white metallic powder. I'd clean it, it'd run
fine. One day, the source was revealed. The counter weights on the
advance mechanism had jammed into the distributor housing. After it
sawed through  he distributor housing, it became real obvious where all
that metal was from!
this may not be your problem, but it's worth a look.

Paul