Re: TR6 redlines

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 redlines
From: "Rick Barnard" <rstirb@townisp.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 20:09:42 -0500
Jeff,
        I put Michelin redlines on my car 4 years ago.  To save a
little money, I bought 4 "blems" from Coker.  I'd advise against
buying the blems.  To make a long story short, they were more
trouble than they're worth.
        If you are doing a concours resto, they are correct tires.
They wear like iron, and have genuine 1970s handling
charactaristics: Surfin' USA.  Remember that the redlines require
tubes, also.
        If you like to corner fast, the TR6 can handle a much stickier
tire than the redline.  A modern tire will be less money, and anyone
can mount and repair them.
        The redlines do look great on the car, especially a red car.
Next time, I'll buy a modern tire and have a redline cut into them.  I
hear someone does this, though I have not investigated yet.  At this
rate, my Michelins have about 15 years left on them.
        Make me an offer?  ;-)

                Good Luck,
                Rick 1973  TR6 CF257OU
>Can anyone give any advice on a set of TR6 Redlines. Finishing a
2 year frame
off and will be needing the tires soon.
Seems to be three sources, Diamond Back, Coker and British Wire
Wheel.
Thanks
Jeff Fox
S.F. Bay Area