Re: gauges

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: gauges
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 02 07:36:21 -0800
Cc: "Dan Masters" <DANMAS@aol.com>
> have never changed any gauges when I have converted my car
>from pos. ground to negitive ground

A matched gauge and sender pair will work just fine in either a positive
or negative earth system.

For the life of me I've never figured out why Smiths changed the polarity
of their fuel gauge internal wirings when they switched from positive to
negative.

I've just learned to live with it.

TeriAnn Wakeman               If you send me direct mail, please
Santa Cruz, California        start the subject line with TW -
twakeman@cruzers.com           I will be sure to read the message

http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

"How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
Amelia Earhart 1898-1937