RE: gauges

To: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>, " Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: gauges
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 02 08:41:23 -0800
>I think it's no coincidence that the change appeared just shortly after S-T
>almost went bankrupt and Leyland took over in 60/61 ...

Hmm.  Land Rover made the switch between the '66 & '67 model year when
they went from Positive to negative earth.  Didn't MGB make the switch
from Positive earth to neg earth betwen the '67 and '68 model years?
I've played with enough MGB gauges to know that positive earth gauges
work with LR positive earth sender units.

Based upon Land Rover and MG, I have always assumed the British industry
made the sender unit/gauge polarity switch when each brand made the
battery polarity switch.

TeriAnn Wakeman               If you send me direct mail, please
Santa Cruz, California        start the subject line with TW -
twakeman@cruzers.com           I will be sure to read the message

http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

"How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
Amelia Earhart 1898-1937