Faces to names

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Faces to names
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 23:31:21 -0000
Just occasionally - and too occasionally, I derive great pleasure in
meeting the occasional lister who manages to make it across the pond
to England. Today I met ten of them in one gurt big lump - among whom
was Chip Krout and all from Delaware Valley Triumphs. Talk about a
three day dash, there and back - and all for Triumph Spares Day
tomorrow. Apart from the jet lag, the imbibing of quantities of warm
English beer having already cooled their credit cards, they all looked
in remarkably good fettle. Whether this will change by the time they
get home having bankrupted themselves in hopefully locating and buying
unobtanium tomorrow remains to be seen by wives and families.
In any event, it was great to see them and I wish these meetings were
more frequent.

Jonmac