Re: Is this sacrilege?

To: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Is this sacrilege?
From: Michael Thompson <miket@rio.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 08:32:32 -0500
Cc: "Triumphs@autox. Net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
I didn't mind the movie. But as a weekend racer and car guy I did have
to turn my brain off a few times as there were some problems with the
movie.
They kept referring to Nitros Oxide Injection as NOS (pronouncing it
naws)
Every car guy I know just calls it nitros. NOS is the brand.
But maybe that's how these "kids" refer to it.
During the "sanctioned" race event there were no helmets to be seen.
Don't you think they would require helmets at an organized event where
you expect to drive over 100 mph?
Then Vin Diesel's character was making fun of the newbie racer for not
double clutching in a drag race like pro racers do. The only thing that
you double clutch is a truck that has unsynchronized gears. Some people
like F1 and pro rally drivers don't even use a clutch.
In the end the only car I really liked was the old black Dodge Charger.
They should have showed it more than the rice rockets.
As for the flogging... If the movie inspired you to install those cool
neon lights under your TR's, I and the rest of the list would probably
flog you and take possession of your cars.
Cheers,
Mike Thompson
59 Triumph TR3A
71 Land Rover S2A