TR4 trans rebuild

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 trans rebuild
From: Michael Thompson <miket@rio.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 08:53:11 -0500
Finally got the transmission apart and have notice a couple things. My
original problem was it popping out of 2nd gear on hard(ish)
deceleration.
The gear and hub assy that selects 1st and 2nd did not slide freely on
the mainshaft. It was stuck towards the 1st gear side. Shouldn't there
be some travel in this piece? 5/16inch or so?
So my problem could be fixed by removing the burrs that are keeping this
piece from moving freely.
Other than this everything else looks to be pretty tight including the
bushings and such.
TIA,
Mike Thompson
59 Triumph TR3A