Re: stains

To: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Subject: Re: stains
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 17:07:04 -0700
Cc: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>, Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>, british <british-cars@autox.team.net>, Triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
TeriAnn Wakeman wrote:

> >Message text written by Randall Young
> >> clothes in "HER" washing machine!)
> >
> >Yeah, not to mention shop rags <g>
>
> You know it always helps to be the her in "her washing machine".
>
> When I wash greasy stuff I use the double rinse cycle.  After the clothes
> come out I manually wipe the basket and agitator down with simple green,
> then run the machine through a cycle empty but with dish washing
> detergent.  Dish detergent does a better job of cutting grease than most
> washing machine detergents.
>
> Since I go through the trouble of cleaning it afterwards I don't complain
> about me using it for greasy stuff.  If I'm reluctant to let myself run a
> greasy load, I offer to take myself out to dinner and my clothes as the
> first load through after the greasy load.  I normally come around to
> seeing reason.
>
> This is enough to give a girl a split personality!

Yeah, sure, TeriAnn!  That's easy for you to say.  You actually care about the
reason the clothes get greasy in the first place!  :)  I can't say that
is true for most of the women who are in charge of the family washing machine.
But I will file away those tips for reference the next time I am so
brave as to wash some shop rags!!  ;)

Joe