badge selection...

To: "Triumph (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[38D40260:01C1B603]
Subject: badge selection...
From: "Freeman, Noah" <nfreeman@baincapital.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 04:29:09 -0500 lc>
Hello all-

Just returning from an absence from the list as I was at the olympics...sadly,
autox is not an event, and the judging is far less fair than at any car show I
have ever been to (though full marks to canada for handling the ripoff with
the grace and understatement I have come to respect in canadians).  I missed
you all!

I finally got my hands on a TR4 badge bar, which seem pretty rare (as in, "pay
more than you want to, have a hell of a time finding htem, add nothing to the
resale value of your car)...

Now that it is almost on, the question on my mind is "what badges do I put
on?"  I am not nearly as steeped in autocarna and history as many of you, so I
wanted some suggestions that would be historically relevant and fun....

First question- how many badges are appropriate?  Two? Four?  What is nice,
and what is "too much?"  Ho much of issue is wind blockage to the grill if I
put on lots and lots of badges?  In general, I lean a bit towareds "over the
top" (which is why I like the "look at all that chrome" TR4)

Second question- what badges?  The list decal is de rigeur (but I dont think
there is a list badge, is there?)...as I see it, one could go down two routes-
current club badges (new england triumphs, AAA, also soon to be a member of
VTR), or historic club badges (RAC, TSAA, etc).  What rae peoples thoughts?
WHat would hte correct historic badges be for a TR4?   What are peoples
favorite badges (car is red)?

Where does one get the suggested badges?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Noah

PS- how do I drill holes in the chrome bumper without ruining hte chrome?  Any
tricks I should be aware of?

Noah Freeman
Brookside Capital + Bain Capital
111 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA, 02199, USA
voice 617.516.2922   fax 617.516.2910
nfreeman@baincap.com or nfreeman@brooksidefund.com

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a
name of winmail.dat]