Re: badge selection...

To: "Freeman, Noah" <nfreeman@baincapital.com>
Subject: Re: badge selection...
From: Bill Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:02:00 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Now that it is almost on, the question on my mind is "what badges do I put
>on?"  I am not nearly as steeped in autocarna and history as many of you, so I
>wanted some suggestions that would be historically relevant and fun....
>
>First question- how many badges are appropriate?  Two? Four?  What is nice,
>and what is "too much?"  Ho much of issue is wind blockage to the grill if I
>put on lots and lots of badges?  In general, I lean a bit towareds "over the
>top" (which is why I like the "look at all that chrome" TR4)

OK, Just my Two Cents, on Casper I have: TSOA (red/black), VTR, St.
Chris, and UBSCC club badge, but I think it really depends on what
YOU want and/or comfortable with. I tend not to use badges or dash
plaques that I have not earned or am a member of, but again it should
be your choice.

>PS- how do I drill holes in the chrome bumper without ruining hte chrome?  Any
>tricks I should be aware of?

I will leave this to the more mechanically minded but I would go the route of
Center Punch, Small Hole, Big Hole...measuring three times at least.
Good Luck
--
Bill Pugh
1957 TR-3