POR paint (was: paint code needed)

To: hfader@usa.net
Subject: POR paint (was: paint code needed)
From: "Rick Barnard" <rstirb@townisp.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 08:09:59 -0500
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Hugh,
        Plain old black is the correct color for a TR6 engine block.  I've
always used
generic engine paint from the local auto parts store with good results.
        Last year I tried POR-20 Heat Resistant Paint (brilliant aluminum
color) on
my exhaust manifold.  I just sandblasted it and applied two coats with a sponge
brush.  Still looks new after 3,000 miles.

                Regards,  Rick
                1973 Triumph TR6 CF2570U