Source for TR-4A Seat Belt Eye Bolts

To: "Ben/Pam Zwissler" <zwissler@hsonline.net>
Subject: Source for TR-4A Seat Belt Eye Bolts
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 13:07:46 -0500
Cc: "Triumph Mail List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Ben/Pam Zwissler"
>I'm in the final stages of preparing my TR4A "tub" for paint and need to
replace the seat belt anchor eye bolts that attach to center driveshaft
tunnel
and the inner rear fenders.  These are listed in the parts catalog at part
number 612531 Bolt, eye, safety fixing harness.  TRF doesn't list them in
their price list and my local hardware sources don't have similar parts.

The local Lowes has eye bolts that are bent but not closed.   I'm guessing
these wouldn't have the strength of the factory style.

Anyone had any luck finding these somewhere?  I don't really need the bolt
finish the tub, but I need to make sure the nut welded to the body is
correct
for whatever I use.
<

Ben,

What you need are "forged eye bolts."  These are not typical hardware store
items but I'll bet you can find them at McMaster-Carr (I know I've seen
them in a catalog a while back and I think it was MCC)  Check out their web
site at
http://www.mcmaster.com

You might also check with any local industrial hadware supplier.

Don't settle for anything less than forged eye bolts.  They are your
seatbelts afterall.

Good luck

Dave