Shipwright's Brakes

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Subject: Shipwright's Brakes
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 13:07:45 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <tony@tonydrews.com>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Jack W. Drews"
>Got it all together today and took it for a test drive........guess
what.........the front brakes locked up!!!!

Without disturbing the hydraulic system, I unbolted my (new) master
cylinder from the servo unit and -- presto -- the front brakes released!
So I replaced the

servo unit

Guess what all this cost? Would you believe close to $1000?

Besides, I'm not really sure it's fixed, but I've sure got a nice
braking system on my economical-to-maintain
LBC......................glad it gets good gas mileage
<

Doh!  Why didn't we think of that.  I guess one thing to check is for the
brake pedal return spring!  Is the pedal not returning all the way?  If so
then you can either adjust the length of the pin that sticks out of the
booster or you can take the easy way out and stick some flat washers on the
mounting studs between the booster and the master cylinder.

Oh, well, a brand new braking system is always a good thing.

Cheers

Dave