Re: TR4 badge bar

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 badge bar
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 20:37:48 EST
My favorite badge bar is on original owners Dereck Pollock's pristine conifer
(Triumph Racing Green) TR4 on the dust cover of Bill Piggotts Original TR2-6
(dustcover and page 56) a closeup shot of same bar in Original TR4-6
(page110). This authentic period bar bolts into top bolt of over-riders (no
unsightly brackets), has slight curve to blend in with hood edging and bumper
and carries two tabs for driving lights. I've seen other bars with awkward
bracketing, some that jut out ahead of overriders, and the Aamco bumper bar
that can block turn signal visibility... after seeing the simplicity and
design of an original bar - others seem ill-fitted..
Carl '63 TR4
From: "James R. Holekamp" <jholekamp@attglobal.net>
Subject: TR4 badge bar
Greetings Noah,
I'm interested in what kind of badge bar you ended up with for your TR4
- - I know of 2 types - one by AMCO which is a sort of bumper guard bar,
the other by Desmo which mounts between the bumper over-riders &  is
bent to conform to the hood front shape.  I have a Desmo I found several
years ago and had rechromed.  It also has 2 mounting tabs for driving /
fog lights. A few years ago Vern Burnett of Texas made up several bars
somewhat similar to the Desmo type (no light tabs) and I have one of his
I've never mounted.<<