TR brakes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR brakes
From: Joe Mato <joemato@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 09:20:24 -0800
My TR3 had not been driven in 25 or so years, although stored indoors. I
first rebuilt the MC, and used a small torch (mapp gas) to release the
frozen piston. Then the brake lines started leaking on me and they were
all replaced. Finally, the rear cylinders got replaced. Remembering how
hard I had driven my first TR3, many years ago, made me realize that
this car was not worth dying over. Only after going thru the brakes did
I get working on the engine, which was easy in
comparison.                   regards, Joe Mato    TR3A   75219LO