Old Wheels - NEW WOMAN

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Old Wheels - NEW WOMAN
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 09:50:54 -0800
To all my tr list pals.

You were very kind to this battered soul when my 27 year mate the beautiful
and dangerous Helena died two years ago. There were some very tough times.
As you shared with me in the worst of it, I thought it appropriate that you
share in the new beginnings.

This past summer I met a lovely woman, Janet Shapan through a profile I had
posted on the Dating Faces web site. She sent me a one line e-mail "Read
your profile...liked it, call me." I figured ..."What the hell" and did. A
very good move! I could not believe my eyes when I first laid them on her.
We saw each other from late June through October. Then she had four major
issues arise that put the relationship on indefinite hiatus.  Possible
uterine cancer (growth subsequently removed and biopsied and found to be
benign); a favorite aunt dying of breast cancer in FLA. She wanted to be
there to take care of her till she died (that happened in December); counter
suit on a lawsuit filed against former business partners over proprietary
rights to a horse food she had developed (owned a Black Hills ranch and had
up to 30 horses at a time), suit settled... nobody gets anything, and;
financial issues related to her then pending divorce. She felt she couldn't
give our growing relationship the time it needed and tend to all these other
issues.

I REALLY liked Jan and I had grown very weary of the dating game. So, I just
said "Look, you are about the best "available" woman I've come across in
years and when you get all this settled it's likely that I'll still be at
large. I may still go out and date in the meantime but I don't have much
confidence in meeting anyone as unique as you. When you are in the clear
give me a call and we'll see what happens."

Just after the new year I got a phone message..."HI big guy... just checking
in... call me when you get a chance." I did... and things took their course
and as of March 1 I will have a new "room mate" and yes we really are Jan &
Dean.

Jan's a self employed publisher with a Business Admin degree. Computer
design of Children's Catalogues, Web Site Design and other computer based
operations. Works from a bank of computers at home. She and her ex used to
own San Francisco Magazine, she also designed and provided construction
management for the home on the Black Hills ranch she and the ex owned, as
well as doing all the ranch management. She can also operate heavy equipment
for gods sakes. During that time she also published a Black Hills area
magazine the name of which escapes me at the moment. All of this comes in a
beautiful package, 5'9" slim, trim, healthy, active and energetic, very
attractive blonde. Really fun to be with. We seem to be very compatible and
I really was tiring of life as a bachelor man. I need the female energy in
the house. We've been moving a few of her things in over the last week or so
and she's been selling off a lot of her antique furniture. She had leased a
big house out in  the Sonoma County countryside was tired of doing all the
work to maintain the place and was looking to down size. I offered her the
option of moving in with me and she took it. The lease is up at he end of
the month. And before you ask...YUP she loves the TR-6 and the Jag. She had
a Rover when we met but it was a couple of years old and was beginning to
gobble $$$$ on maintenance and she switched to a black Toyota Solara. She
looks good in it and even better in the TR and the Jag.

Jan has a 21 year old daughter (Stacey) with whom I get along great. She and
her current beau are going to school in San Luis Obispo.

Well, that's a big hunk of news huh! So now almost 2 years to the day since
H's death, a new chapter unfolds. The old saw, "Every ending is also a new
beginning." holds true. Though the juxtaposition of the anniversary of
Helena's death and this new start certainly has given me much to reflect on.