RE: LBC history, and little riverboat history

To: "'Phil Ethier'" <pethier@isd.net>, Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: LBC history, and little riverboat history
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 09:59:00 -0800
Actually the Delta King is moored dockside at Old Town Sacramento. And is
now a hotel and posh restaurant. Even does a Mystery dinner theater type
thing on ocassion. No more does it ply the river. Very well preserved though
but I'm not at all certain that the running gear is still in place. Think
I'll ask as I'll be in Sacto in early March.

Deano

>Mississip boatmen?

Dunno.  I did ride a Sacramento River boat.  Of course, it had been refitted
to more closely resemble a proper Mississippi boat.  Still has the single
smokestack, though.  I speak, of course, of the Delta Queen, which made the
trip towed backwards through the Panama Canal (crated like a piano and towed
by a tug) just after the war.  My wife and I rode it from Saint Louis to
Saint Paul in the fall of 1973.

Last I heard, the Delta King was still in California (Stockton?), with quite
a few of its parts cannibalized for the Queen.

Phil Ethier  West Side   Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
pethier@isd.net   http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org