RE: What cam do I got?

Subject: RE: What cam do I got?
From: "Hugh Fader" <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:56:22 -0500
OK. Found the part number: 311399. This is on engine number CC79202UE. This
means  on my 72 TR6, I have a pre-73 block and a post 73 cam. One thing that
puzzles me is that The Roadster Factory book gives the same part number for
late PI and carb cams, but the Bentley shop manual gives different
durations.

I found a web site which gives lift data integralcams.com. Couldn't find
this anywhere else. It gives valve lift of .354/.345 intake/exhaust for late
TR6. The data for the cam I bought says .415/.400. Can anybody vouch for
this? Maybe I assume wrong, but shouldn't more lift mean bigger lobes?

Now, I thought I was buying more lift with the new cam, but unless I'm
missing something, my measurements show otherwise. Guess I'll have to give
BPNW a call.

- Hugh