RE: I Thought I was in love (finally an LBC question)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: I Thought I was in love (finally an LBC question)
From: Bill Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 09:54:41 -0800
>Message text written by "Randall Young"
>>>  Electric cars have blown the doors off piston-powered cars for
>>  some years now.
>
>I disagree.  Show me just one that can go 150 miles in 90 minutes, then be
>refueled and ready to do it again in under 5 minutes.
><
>
>The only viable pure electric vehicles use a pentagram and an overhead
>wire.

I think Electric Cars would be great...However...everyone keeps
ignoring the fact the the Electricity must be Generated someplace,
somehow, and the here in the Dear Ole US of A a goodly percentage of
that generation comes from coal and oil fired plants. Until we have
zero emission generation (like FUSION), then the hybrid cars are
probably still the best answer. But then if we, and by we I mean
owners and drivers of LBCs were "practical"...then I doubt seriously
if we would be on this list...<G>

--
Bill Pugh
1957 TR-3