Re: I Thought I was in love (finally an LBC question)

To: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Re: I Thought I was in love (finally an LBC question)
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 09:04:05 -0500
Cc: "Dave Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Message text written by "John Macartney"
>Perhaps needless
>to say, the company wasn't too keen on the project. As I recall, the
>pump increased its output in line with engine speed - but there was a
>manual over-ride where you could get maximum output immediately. Just
>tread fully on the throttle, shove the pump lever to full - and OFF
>YOU WENT! It was the only Herald I ever saw where with a standard
tune
>engine it was possible to leave two black marks on a dry road and a
>smell of hot rubber smoke. Not quite dragster style - but definitely
>erring in that direction!

Dave Massey replied:
>And the factory declined because...

Perhaps one of the reasons was that 70mph in a Herald in reverse
didn't hold too much appeal especially with a leading and trailing
brake shoe set up?
<

Perhaps if there was a new speed event: Reversing Race!

;-)

Cheers and thanks for sharing.

Dave