Re: TR6 cam change

To: <mporter@zianet.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 cam change
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 09:00:57 -0000
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Mike Porter wrote:
I just checked my saved mail from Kas, and he used a special set of
lifters for dyno work, so he could quickly replace camshafts. He
machined a groove in the inner diameter of the lifter and made a
grabbing tool which fit into the groove, then, after pulling up the
lifter, held the tool in place with a clothespin.

Isn't it amazing that such a simple household tool could have such a
profound application in Triumphs? Quite apart from the obvious
benefits of holding chokes and cold start controls with worn cable
locks in place, no less a person than Mr. Kastner advocates the use of
the same article to hold valve lifters. This must surely be a
technique that was entirely overlooked by Churchill tools - and the
Triumph world is the poorer for this ignorance.

Jonmac