Re: TR3 fan replacement

To: grhodes@talbotcorp.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 fan replacement
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:37:58 FILETIME=[C91B20F0:01C1BE1A]
>Does anyone on the list run with just an electric in a hot climate? 90+ in
>summer here.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Gavin Rhodes

   Gavin,

     I opted for a permacool 14" fan for my early TR4. My engine isn't
   stock but still ran cool even on the hotter days with the later TR4
   fan. My problem which caused the change over was the fan pedestal
   which wobbled craeteing some significant vibration. I replaced the
   entire fan assembly with a harmonic balancer. The HB installation
   meant I needed an electric fan. After playing around with different
   OTC fans all summer, one even touted as the "most pwerfull fan
   available, none gave the cooling capacity that the 14" aluminum
   Permacool fan did.

     FYI I'll include pix of my installation. I'll be glad to answer
   any questions you have re; the installation process.

   Good luck,
   Greg

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of
Slide1.jpg]

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of
Slide2.jpg]

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of
Slide3.jpg]