RE: TR3 Pistons/Liners

To: Popnglo@aol.com, triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Pistons/Liners
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 13:56:47 -0500
>===== Original Message From Popnglo@aol.com =====
>What may be the list concensus regarding piston /liner size (83, 86, 87 mm)
>and supplier. I was considering TRF or MOSS, maybe leaning towards AE
>Hepolite brand. Currently this "3" has the stock 83 mm set up. Any words of
>wisdom...
>I am considering this  rebuild as trade for some 3 weeks of detailing work I
>performed on a '56 RR Silver Wraith (read detailing as major cleaning and
>polishing, etc., front to back, top to bottom).

I would go with the 87MM.

I rebuilt my TR4 engine back in Winter 98 with a 87 MM piston/liner set from
British Parts Northwest.  That winter they were the only ones that had any
supply above 83 MM and they had a great price to boot.

Very pleased with the quality.  The pistons were Maule and the rings were
Deeves.  I don't know the source of the liners.  The parts came from Germany.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L(O) - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn