Re: British vs. American Grammar

Subject: Re: British vs. American Grammar
From: "M. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 19:54:41 -0500
The English language was flourishing in America ... until the advent of radio
and
television.
I'm always amazed at the eloquence of even ordinary American citizens in the
mid-19th century.

Conversely, last night, as God is my witness, I saw a television public service
spot sponsored by Montgomery County, Maryland, regarding gun safety.  The spot
closed with this slogan:   "Help prevent a tragedy ... before it happens."

That's broadcasting, baby.  (And I'm a broadcaster ...)

--
Martin Secrest
72 TR6 (in garage)

##