Re: Language - Bobs your uncle?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "a Wallace" <wallaces@superaje.com>
Subject: Re: Language - Bobs your uncle?
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 11:42:59 -0700
List,

I know the list talked about this once upon a time but what are the origins
of the expression "Bobs your uncle" or "and then Bobs your uncle" or however
it's used.  I remember it was some reference to having something akin to
"dumb luck" but forget the particulars.  Any of our Brit listers or others
know the history and usage?

Oh and there was one about candy or chocolates from some English company
that I also can't remember.   Also a good thing if you happened to have
some.

Bud Rolofson
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)