Re: Language - Bobs your uncle?

To: "levilevi" <levilevi@attbi.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "a Wallace" <wallaces@superaje.com>
Subject: Re: Language - Bobs your uncle?
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 13:15:25 -0600
>I know the list talked about this once upon a time but what are the origins
>of the expression "Bobs your uncle" or "and then Bobs your uncle" or
however
>it's used.  I remember it was some reference to having something akin to
>"dumb luck" but forget the particulars.

I'm a Yank, but I think it is more like, "it's a piece of cake".  You do
this, and then this, and then it all works out simply.

And drabbing the Canadians back into this, Red Green said once, "...and then
Bob's your aunt...this is the Nineties, after all..."

Phil Ethier  West Side   Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
pethier@isd.net   http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org