Rear Panel Alignment On TR6

To: "Andrew Schwarz" <aschwarz11@attbi.com>
Subject: Rear Panel Alignment On TR6
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 09:32:18 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Andrew Schwarz"
>but what I do not know is: does the lid gasket raise the trunk lid
so as to prevent metal to metal contact with the lip of the valance?<

Yes it does.  There are no had rubber stops as there are on the bonnet
(hood).  My lid seal is original and hence compressed and I have a bit of
metal to metal contact.  A fresh gaskte will likely fix it.

Speaking of fresh gasket, a friend is restoring a TR6 and his new lid seal
is noticably more compliant (softer) than the original and the weight of
the lid compresses it sufficiently to get metal to metal contact.  We are
discussing the option of threading a piece of clothes line through it to
add stiffness.

Dave