RE: TR4 sagging in the rear?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 sagging in the rear?
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 07:39:21 -0800
The shocks don't support the car, so it pretty much has to be the springs.
When I bought my TR3A, I soon discovered that both rear springs had the main
leaf broken right at the center bolt.

If you do have a broken spring, replace (or repair) both of them so they
still match.  There used to be a spring place in Long Beach that could make
a new leaf (on Spring Blvd of course), but I don't know if they're still
there, or whether that would be cheaper/better than new springs.  Steve
Hedke went through several broken springs on his Great Race car Scrappy,
before finally having something custom made.

It's also possible your car's body is lopsided, it appears many of them left
the factory less than perfect, and of course a lot can happen in 40 years.
I would suggest some measurements right at the frame before changing
springs.

Randall