Drat - bad crank

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Drat - bad crank
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 14:48:29 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi,

Just venting.

The machinist just left me voice mail after crack testing my "long snout"
TR6 crank... "I'm afraid I'm going to have to flunk this one, Bob." was
the message.

Insert funeral march sounds here.

That means I have to drag through my "collection" and see if I have
another one. Bottom line on this baby is that I'll have to probably use a
late crank (which means late flywheel etc.).

Anybody need any early TR6 flywheel? I have two up for grabs. I will
_not_ pay shipping, as these babies are _heavy_.

I guess those 6500 rpm jaunts in 2nd gear were too much for the poor
thing. (snif snif).

Bye,
rml