Re: Drat - bad crank

To: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Drat - bad crank
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 17:04:16 -0500 (EST)
Cc: TR List <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Dave Massey wrote:

> Message text written by "Robert M. Lang"
> >I guess those 6500 rpm jaunts in 2nd gear were too much for the poor
> thing. (snif snif).
> <
>
> But it was fun while it lasted.

Oh yeah.

The 7.76 second "victory" in M4 at the '99 VTR autoX was pretty sweet.
Hell, I missed FTD by only 1.2 seconds on 5 season old tires and an open
diff!

Sheesh.

I think I should def. consider the "lamp option" that someone else
suggested. I'll just need a really hefty table to prop the thing on. I
have no idea how heavy the crank is, but it's gotta be close to 100
pounds!

The offer is still up for two early-style TR6 flywheels. One is lightened
and balanced.

later,
rml