Fwd: Spitfire clutch - possible problem

Subject: Fwd: Spitfire clutch - possible problem
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 16:56:15 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <rsq148h@tninet.se>
Message text written by INTERNET:ArthurK101@aol.com
>My Triumph Spitfire 1500 slips on the clutch - but only in 3rd and 4th
gear!
Do you think it4s the clutch? And if what should I do? Because it don4t
slip
on 1st and 2nd I worry about the gearbox, can I stop worrying?

I4m grateful for any assistance.

Triumphregards -Thomas Westerdahl, Bromvlla, Sweden, Europe.
<

Thomas,

Does your car have overdrive?  If so does it slip in overdrive? not in
overdrive? Both?  It would seem odd that it would slip in 3rd and 4th and
not in 1st and 2nd if it were the main clutch.

Triumphregards - Dave Massey, St. Louis, MO USA