Valve Noise - big clearances

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Valve Noise - big clearances
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 12:53:05 -0800 (PST)
Hi all,

I've asked about the need for extra large valve clearances on the "high
performance" cam shafts out there.

I got answers . . . but none of them stuck in my head.

anyway . . . my follow up question is:

If such large valve clearances are necessary . . . and aren't hurting anything
but are merely annoying sounding . . . .

Is there any way to dampen the sound?
Could you put a gummmy coating on the valve cover like they did to the timing
chain cover on a TR4-s?

If so . . . what are they and how effective are they?

Scott Tilton
Kidding about the seat heaters. . .
I've got enough car problems without lighting my butt on fire.