TR3A Distributor setup

To: "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A Distributor setup
From: "Gavin Rhodes" <grhodes@talbotcorp.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 08:10:17 -0700
Hello all. I purchased a new distributor from TRF and was installing it last
night and had some problems. My old cap was a Lucas with the spark plug
wires exiting towards the radiator. The cap that comes with the new
distributor is turned 90 degrees so that the wires exit towards the driver's
side fender. I transferred my wires to the new cap in the same configuration
as the old one, but I'm having trouble starting it up now. My question is
this- since the cap orientation has changed, do I need to change the order
of the wires? At TDC, the rotor arm sits where the #3 wire is on the new
cap. I went ahead and changed the wiring to 1 3 4 2 in counter clockwise
order on the new one. Is that correct? It still won't start up, but I think
I may just have to adjust the points, which I didn't get to do since it was
10pm! Thanks for your help!

please reply to me personally.

Thanks!

Gavin Rhodes