Re: Shipping Rollbar

To: rgk@flash.net
Subject: Re: Shipping Rollbar
From: jay_welch@juno.com
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 13:51:36 -0500
Cc: tr6nut@telocity.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
I've received two used rollbars via UPS.  Both times they were wrapped in
cardboard (like a pyramid).  I don't think a hardtop can go UPS.  The
reason I say that is that I have a fiberglass Jeep hood that I was going
to sell and was told that UPS would not ship because of the girth.  They
use a formula and the hood surpassed the approved dimensions.  I was told
it would have to go truck freight.  PS - tape the hardware to the roll
bar.  The first was delivered to me with a big hole in the cardboard and
no hardware.  Hardware showed up the next day.  They must have found it
in the truck later.

Jay